The Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA) a nonprofit organization and the producer of the Walk4Hearing, the single biggest hearing loss-awareness event in the country, is seeking a top-notch, ultra-organized, high energy professional to assist two national Walk4Hearing managers to support and grow walks nationally.
Job Purpose: The Walk4Hearing Program Assistant provides logistical support for a national peer-to-peer fundraising program. The Walk4Hearing is the organization’s premier national program for fundraising and awareness.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Liaison with local Walk4Hearing volunteers and sponsors
- Handle local permits and other things essential to Walk-day activities
- Order, copy, assemble and ship Walk4Hearing materials.
- Handles all online and phone inquiries related to the Walk4Hearing and phone and inquiries related to general membership
- Assist in gathering information for the Walk4Hearing website
- Keeps program materials, both online and print, fresh and updated
- Prepare, and process all Walk4Hearing-related mailings
- Use social media for marketing and communication
- Work with staff from other departments
- Update training materials for local leaders
- Assist Walk4Hearing managers on implementation specific initiatives
- Work with Walk4Hearing managers in preparing analysis reports
- Data entry
Required experience and skills include:
- Experience with Blackbaud Luminate Online - a plus
- Great attention to detail
- Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Superb organization and planning
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Excellent customer service
- Self motivated and able to work independently and with a team
- Comfortable handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work well with volunteers
- Strong computer skills – MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Adobe products (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) - a plus
- Ability to learn new technology
Education: Associate’s degree or related experience.
Work Environment: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Travel to annual HLAA convention might be required.
Physical Requirements: Work is in an office and primarily sedentary in nature; however, the ability to lift and carry light boxes for shipping is necessary.
This position is full time and is located at the HLAA headquarters office in Bethesda. This position reports to two national Walk4Hearing managers.
Please email your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject line, “Walk4Hearing Program Assistant.” No phone calls please.
HLAA is an equal employment opportunity employer.